Monday, June 23, 2008

Yeah, Four Slices!

Oh, God...why did I eat four slices of pizza for dinner tonight? Oh why oh why oh whyohwhywhywhyyyyyyyyyyy...

Why? Because I'm pregnant! Duh! Seriously, I think I'm going to have a food baby now! Either that or heartburn, ugh. Note to self: never do THAT again!!

So, now I'm sitting here with a terribly bloated stomach (as if that wasn't already happening to me) I just had to go and make it worse. Being 6 weeks pregnant does some crazy things to your appetite, and your self-esteem. At 6 weeks you're gassy...emitting popping farts and unexpected burps; you're tired, nauseated, sluggish and just starting to grow. Not noticeably, of course, just enough to make you feel fat and puffy because the waistband of your jeans is getting just a tad bit snug. So, take that and add four slices of pizza and that's pretty much where I'm at. Wallowing in my gluttonous dinner and dreams of elastic waist pants and maternity tops. It's a darn good thing I'm only supposed to gain 15-25 pounds! And, salmonella aside, it's a good thing my only true craving so far has been for tomatoes...can't get too fat on that, right?

Anyway, welcome to my first blog. This is me. I am 30 years old and experiencing my third pregnancy. This will [hopefully] be our first child. The other two pregnancies ended in an ectopic (2002) and a miscarriage (2008). I have been married since March 11, 2008, but have been with my husband for 6 years. He is the depth to my soul, the love of my life, the mate to my lost sock...you get the picture. I am here to tell you our story, a little at a time.

I hope I have roped you in...I love to make new friends and look forward to sharing this experience with you! Until next time....

-K-

No comments: